Friday, July 15, 2011

Ursula Gets a PTA Bath

We had planned to meet up about 07:30. But when I stuck my head out of Ursula, the Black Truck was gone. Chris had run into town to buy breakfast at Donut Pallace. It was probably the lowest callorie breakfast of the trip, consisting of a bacon and egg croissant and a cinamon roll. The cinamon roll was really good. It wasn’t all sugar, as seems to be the rage these days. You could actually taste the cinamon.

Chris and I spent a couple of hours trying to find new windshield wipper blades, but nobody in Yorktown had them. After that, he helped me give her a quick bath.

I hit the road back to Austin about 13:00 and made it there about 16:20. Traffic. Ursula behaved mostly and only heated up a couple of times. I’m still not sure what’s going on there, but I remembered from my big truck days that deisels can run a little hot in this weather. I also remembered that the Jake can dump some of that heat quickly.

Well, I guess it’s time to turn this log back over to Suna.

1 comment: